Audit & Inspection
Focused and tailored to you – food centric audit and inspection
FSSI Group’s Audit & Inspection programmes offer a range of high quality inspection, audit and testing services to cover your Food & Drink categories and supply chain. We are independent but passionate about ensuring we support you to meet your legal obligations and high food quality standards.
Our tailored programmes are intended to help you and suppliers to reduce risk, improve quality, control costs and meet all relevant regulatory requirements in your market.
Our Auditors are technical
experts from the food industry
We are very centred on people within our client’s sites and our Auditors are technical experts from the Food Industry who work on unannounced periodic audits to verify quality and safety, or scheduled inspections on operational facilities and infrastructure to support continual improvement. Our auditors also mentor and help train your own internal auditors engaging the team by increasing skills and professional compliance.
Planning the audit or inspection programme together
Working with you on what to audit, the audit definitions, the actual audit and the frequent inspection programme.
- Forensic – deep dive audits to ensure maximum compliance
- Investigative – assessing where the root cause issues are and validating the data
- Monitor – continual assessment and support for improvement
- Compliance – audits to baseline people, product and process to regulations
- Corrective action – audits and investigations to ensure non-conformities are removed
- Sampling Library – audits to check, test and store samples
We also audit to own brand Standards, current regulations and offer pre-checks on Industry Standards such as the BRC Global Standard – Food Safety.
The Checklist monitoring service offers mobile assessments with data driven reports and supports conformity to daily tasks, such as Health and Safety checks, fire risk and hygiene reinforcement. Ideal for multi-site food retailing chains, hotels and pubs to ensure people, product and process conform to the high quality and safety standards you set.
We are a specialised and focused risk, safety and quality management business driving integrity from audit and advisory services across the Food & Drink Industry.
The outcomes of audit and inspection activities
FSSI Group (UK) Ltd provides bespoke independent audits conducted by high calibre experienced fully employed food safety professionals covering the following:
- Food safety/hygiene (day and night visits);
- Non-food audits covering packaging as well as home and personal care products and formulated products;
- Storage & distribution audits at depot as well as the full cold chain;
- 3rd Party Standards internal audit service providing an independent, impartial service to large food manufacturers operating a number of sites;
- Advisory/consultancy services covering a wide variety of food safety and technology related aspects;
- Customised training on site to ensure real life scenarios are given clear focus including (but not limited to) site specific workshops focusing on trends in non-conformances from both internal and external audits, incorporating black bag audits and “safe food everyday” assessments;
- Internal audit training and provision of 2nd Party Standards internal audits;
- Desktop reviews focusing on specific technical experts areas;
- Troubleshooting assessments following non-conformances, root cause or notable trends in complaints;
- Traceability and product withdrawal/recall challenges;
- On- site food safety and integrity reviews, management of corrective actions and close out for audits conducted,
- Verification of product claims;
- Support to client technologists with technical follow ups and new site approvals.